Sunday, June 17, 2012

Back At It

2012 has sucked, for lack of a better word; a family emergency that consumed January and then DH moved out in February and became XH in May.  No creative energy when simply getting out of bed and minimally functioning in society took up so much energy.  I'm in my new house and in a new city (well, city next to childhood city, so it is familiar).

I'm going to get back into lampworking and jewelry design, and I cannot wait to be creative again.  I've worked on getting my life going in a new direction and now I want to work on ME.  I signed up for the next installment of Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party.  They are always so much fun! Plus, Lori is pretty neat herself.  :)  Back in May she sent me a doodle page with the following note:



"for when I get bored".  lol  That right there put a smile on my face.  I've spent the past four days unpacking and cleaning and putting things away.  Today I unpacked this letter Lori send me and my new coloring pencils.  I sat down and turned off my brain (not too difficult, really) and attempted some scrollwork.


Rather simple and childlike, but it was to just "create".  I chose these colors because I am decorating my living room in apple green and turquoise.  I figure I will 'fake it til I make it' and surround myself with bright, happy colors.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Sorry to hear you have had a difficult year but glad to hear you are resettling yourself and finding the energy to move on and to start being creative again...a good sign! Love the sound of the colors for the room...very uplifting. Hope to see some lovely lampwork and beading happening in the future..keep strong..hugs
Jenni

Aimee Moisa said...

Welcome back! I sure did miss your one ear! :)

one-eared pig said...

Thanks, you guys! It is good to be back. :)